Tuesday 14 February 2012

Grammys: My Take

The Grammy Awards 2012 were Sunday night, and because I couldn't watch them on tv as the action happened, I had to rely on the internet to show me the outfits. This is my take on The Grammys:

Yes:

Adele at the Grammys 2012
Although she did look beautiful she mostly deserves recognition for winning a whopping 6 awards! She also performed as well. She opted for a slightly smaller hair-style to normal which I've got to say looks a lot better!

Jessie J in Julien Macdonald at the Grammys 2012
It is always quite surprising to see Jessie J dressed in something other than leggings and chunky boots but it was a nice surprise at the Grammys. Although it is verging on disco-ball she looked elegant and really showed off her killer body! I am a huge fan of this hair as well!

Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward at the Grammys 2012
I'm not actually sure why I like this dress! That is strange but there is something about it I just really like. The waist-line is very flattering and you can never really go wrong with sequins at an awards show?

Corinne Bailey Rae in Christian Siriano at the Grammys 2012
To me this was one of the more fun outfits! The ruffles are cute and for someone who is fairly under the radar, this was quite out-there. I especially love the grey-black tones in this dress!

No:

Fergie in Jean Paul Gaultier at the Grammys 2012
What? What is Fergie wearing? Put some clothes on woman! To start with I am not a fan of this colour! Nor do I like the swirly lace pattern: it's like feathers. I do like the top half of the dress (the shape) but I do not know what made Fergie think this was a good idea!

Nicki Minaj in Versace at the Grammys 2012
I don't even know where to begin with this. Nicki Minaj was apparently trying to make a statement (she also turned up with a Pope lookalike on her arm), but I have no idea what point she was supposed to be making. She looks ridiculous and it's not even wacky or edgy: just plain weird.

That was my take on the Grammy Awards outfits. It is all my own opinion. This is probably one of the biggest awards shows and I'm proud that Jessie J and Adele were both there representing the Brits! I got most of these images from here or here)
Alice x

2 comments:

  1. I love Adeles hair like this! Jessie J and Kelly O's dresses are gorgeous :) Didn't really expect much more from Fergie and Nicki Minaj though, in all honestly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right actually! Nicki Minaj always looks a bit...alternative haha xx

      Delete